The Week in Food
This week’s round up of food news includes restaurant calorie counts, debates over school lunch and coming this Spring a new app, Carrot. It’s dope.
- I remember a friend telling me that as a child she and her sister would be rewarded with celery. They LOVED celery, and only received them on their best behavior. I love this article by Mark Bittman on how to ingrain healthy eating to your kids.
- Every since Michelle Obama came out with her Let’s Move Campaign, school lunch has been a hot topic nationally. Here’s a detailed article about school lunches – a long read, but definitely worthwhile.
- Restaurant calorie cutbacks should be reducing obesity, right? This article explains how it actually hasn’t made a dent. Yikes.
- Beautiful photo story about breakfast around the world. I like Istanbul’s, really similar to an Israeli breakfast.
- Lastly, this new app will make you LOL. But really, do you have Carrot yet?